The Next Generation of the Data Collection Station Android Application is Here
The DCS Android Application has been joined by a brand new Web Application which synchronizes all of your Field Data from your tablet to your Online Account.
We’ve renamed the DCS Android App to DCSLinkStream. The Web Application is called DCSUnity.
Your current DCS Android App (the “First-Generation” DCS) will continue to function through the end of your license period, at which point you’ll be automatically transitioned to the new licensing system which works with the two new DCS Applications.
For those who wish to transition now, to take advantage of the great features in DCSUnity, we offer a DCSLinkStream installer, found below.
Which Version do I Use?
|Comparison Table for DCS Generations||DCS Android App (End of Life)||DCSLinkStream|
|Description of applicable users.||For DCS App users who wish to continue without changes and without the need to re-register.||For New Users or DCS App users who wish to start using DCSUnity.|
|Future updates?||No updates are planned after Version 1.6.7||Yes|
|Compatible with DCSUnity?||No||Yes|
|30-Day Trial Available?||Yes||Yes|
|Require new registration at upgrade/install?||No||Yes|
|Will continue to function for the foreseeable, with above caveats.||Yes||Yes|
|Recommended for New Users||No||Yes|
How to Install DCS Android Apps
- If an internet connection to the tablet is available, navigate to this page in a tablet web browser and use the buttons in the table above to download and install your preferred DCS app version. Skip to #5.
- If an internet connection to the tablet is not available, download the installer file to your PC with the buttons above.
- Transfer the installer (.APK) file to your tablet via USB thumb drive or USB cable.
- On your tablet, double-tap the APK file icon and the DCS App will be installed.
- If you’re installing either version for the first time, the DCS App will ask you to register online. Read the instructions carefully on the tablet screen and make sure that you confirm your email address via the email that will be sent to you. If an internet connection to the tablet is not available, please call for a license code. (Note: If this is your first install of DCS, there is no advantage to installing the first-generation DCS App. Pick DCSLinkStream, instead.)
- After the email confirmation, enter the same credentials you used to register and then tap “Log In”. If you received a license code, you will not need to log in.
**After initial registration, an internet connection is not required for operation or updates. It is anticipated that the system be used where internet connections are not available.
**For Android OS levels 5 and above, you will need to change a security setting on your device in order to install the APK. Go to your tablet’s settings screen and click “Security”, find the selection “Unknown Sources: Allow installation of apps from unknown sources” and move the selector to “on”.
Try it Now for 30 days, No Credit-Card Required.
Just like the First-Generation DCS App, DCSLinkStream installs for new users with a 30-day trial. For existing DCS users, your licensing will be adjusted within a few days of registration.
DCSLinkStream costs just $30 per month per user. There are no upfront license fees or other maintenance costs. DCSLinkStream can be run on a variety of Android devices.
Ready to buy?
There are two options to purchase your DCSLinkStream subscriptions:
- Sign up for DCSUnity (a Web App which works with DCSLinkStream) and purchase DCSLinkStream licenses through the DCSUnity website with a credit card:
Signing up for DCSUnity is Free, with Paid options available. If you’ve registered your DCSLinkStream installation (via your Tablet), a DCSUnity account has already been created for you. Use the same login and password as you do for DCSLinkStream.
- Click on the “Contact Us” box to the lower right of your browser window, fill out the form and someone will contact you to take your order.