We get a lot of questions about our fish-boards. Here are some of the most frequent:
Are the DCS and 10MFx fish boards waterproof? what are the environmental specs of the fish-boards?
Yes, all of the fish-boards are rated to IP67 levels, which means you can submerge your fish-board in water up to 1 meter in depth and leave it there indefinitely.
The fish boards are designed to withstand rough handling, including shocks, and vibration, to MIL-STD-810 environmental testing standards. Dropping your fish-board onto a hard surface, however, may exceed the MIL-STD-810 levels and any resulting damage may be deemed abuse and not covered by warranty.
Operating temperature: -10C to 50C
Storage temperature: -20C to 60C
What is the battery life of the fish-boards?
The batteries on all fish boards will last at least 10 hours on a full charge.
The life expectancy of the batteries is approximately 3 years, after which significant charge capacity reduction can be expected. Battery packs are not user-changeable.
At what battery state should I store my fish-board?
For long-term storage (more than 2 months), bring the boards to as close to 50% as you feasibly can. Storing at full capacity is the 2nd choice. Never long-term store the batteries depleted or the batteries may not recover.
For short-term storage (less than 2 months), any charge state is okay, save one should always avoid a very low charge state (<10%) for more than a couple of days.
How do I install DCS on my tablet?
- If you can, connect your tablet to the internet and navigate to this page in a tablet browser. That way, you’ll download the installer directly to the tablet. If you like, you can send this link to your tablet: http://www.bigfinscientific.com/wp-content/uploads/DFS-App-Latest-Beta.zip**
- Download the “APK” installer file by clicking the download button, above or by clicking on the link you just sent from (1).
- If required, transfer the APK file to your tablet by USB thumb drive or by connecting a USB cable.
- On your tablet, double-tap the APK file icon and the DCS App will be installed.***
- The DCS App will ask you to register. Read the instructions carefully on this page and make sure that you confirm your email address with the email that will be sent to you.
- After the email confirmation, enter the same credentials you used to register and then tap “Log In”.
**After initial registration, an internet connection is not required for operation or updates. The system is intended to be used where internet connections are not available, such as in the outdoors or on sea-going vessels.
**For Android OS levels 5 and above, you will need to change a security setting on your device in order to install the APK. Go to your tablet’s settings screen and click “Security”, find the selection “Unknown Sources: Allow installation of apps from unknown sources” and move the selector to “on”.